ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WG2 - update from Andrew

  • To: Olof Nordling <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WG2 - update from Andrew
  • From: Elaine Pruis <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:26:05 -0700

One more question:
Should we require that applicants requesting financial support prove they have made significant efforts at obtaining money through other avenues first?

Example: applicant approaches banks, angel investors, registry services providers. Applicant is unable to put together the complete financing required without our assistance. Only at that point are they eligible for support through our program?

I can see this program working as a "clearing house"-- matching needy applicants with willing providers of the other identified services. But I would prefer to limit the pool of folks receiving cash to those who have exhausted other resources.

Elaine