ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Action points - JAS WG call 8 June

  • To: "'Elaine Pruis'" <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Olof Nordling'" <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Action points - JAS WG call 8 June
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:37:02 +0100

Elaine,

Thank you very much for your draft. Here are my remarks:

Proposal 1: how can we say that the number of supported applicants will not
exceed 7 or any other figure? What are the tools that we used to estimate
this number?

I propose to say simply that the net profit of 184,600 can be used to fully
or partially compensate the loss of waiving the programme development cost.

Proposal 2: I propose to replace “$185K” by “application fees” because we
are asking for fees reduction, so if we manage to get reduction, the fees
wouldn’t be $185k. and the progressive payment will be one of our
recommendation even with a reduced fee.

Proposal 3: As it was said during the discussion, auction incomes are really
uncertain. And if they can be of any use, it will be for the next rounds. It
was also said in the discussion that our mandate is for the current round,
not for the next ones. So I propose to remove Proposal 3.

Proposal 4: I propose to replace “by 50%” by “to the minimum amount used
today by ICANN” since there are some that almost don’t pay it now.

For proposal 1 and proposal 5, since the resolution 20 speaks about the
“application and on-going costs” only, we can easily ask for waiving the
programme development and the risk costs.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231

  _____