ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] On co-chair actions and appeals

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] On co-chair actions and appeals
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:29:34 -0400

Hi,

Just wanted to further my response to both Michele's and Sébastien's points.
Any decision that is made by the co-chairs and that you cannot work out with
the co-chairs can be appealed to the Liaisons.  You don't need a specific
notice of the right to appeal any decision.  They are _all_ appealable if you
find that necessary.

As I understand the process:

First you discuss with the co-chairs.   If we do not remedy to your
satisfaction then you appeal to the Liaison.  If he/she does not remedy to your
satisfaction then you appeal to the Chartering Organization(s).  If they don't
remedy to your satisfaction then you can attach a note to the report discussing
your issues and your reasons for not being satisfied by the resolution or lack
thereof.

On a personal note to Michele.  I am surprised that I wrote the reply in such a
way as to indicate there could be no interpretation other than mine.  As an
absolute relativist that is not normally my position on exegesis.  However, as
a co-chair, and in other roles, it is often necessary to make a decision based
on my best understanding and consultations with various others.  It is not my
belief that this is the only possible decision, though it may be a decision
that would require a predominance of evidence, or the word of a higher
authority, for me to change.  I do maintain, however, that I am  educable.

Thanks

a.