ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Question 1: Size of applicant pool for support

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Question 1: Size of applicant pool for support
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:41:25 -0400

Dear Tijani,

On 31 Aug 2010, at 11:27, Tijani BEN JEMAA wrote:

> When you say that no consensus was reached on any of the part of the report,
> I feel we wasted our time in discussing at length issues and put together
> text for them, and Karla send the result on the list and ask to correct her
> if she is wrong, and no objection raised, and yet, you say there is no
> consensus?????

I say I am not ready to call consensus.  Calling consensus is one of the task
of the co-chairs.  Then it is up to the group to decide if we are right or
wrong.

I do not think we have wasted time, But I do still think we are seeing people
who have an issue with the way your recommendation opens up the size of the
'funnel.'  So while I believe we made progress, I do not feel I can call
consensus on this issue.   Perhaps Evan feels differently. We have not yet
discussed the specific issue.

And I believe that it was one of the conclusion of last Thursday's meeting that
I would ask the question.  So I have.

Thank you

a.