ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Bundled pricing proposed language

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Bundled pricing proposed language
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 15:40:36 -0700

As I understand this language it says, for example,  Verisign would get a
reduction in application fees when it applies for multiple, IDN versions of
.COM.

As another example, I happen to be a well funded applicant.  If I apply for the
TLD strings  .NEWS  and also .NOTICIAS ('news' in Spanish) I will pay a lower
fee than someone who applied for .NOTICIAS only - even though I am competing
with that person.

Do I understand the language correctly?

Thx

Richard