ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Board resolution during retreat regarding Applicant Support

  • To: "'Elaine Pruis'" <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Board resolution during retreat regarding Applicant Support
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:25:22 +0100

Thank you Elaine for making this precision.

I didn’t understand from your e-mail that you were blaming one or both of
the co-chairs. The co-chairs are members of the WG, chosen by us to
facilitate the meetings and to coordinate our work: When we succeed, it’s
the success of the whole WG, and when we fail, it’s the failure of all of
us.

I don’t think it’s the time of finding the faulty party, but continuing our
work despite the recent Board resolutions. We had a mandate, and we need to
accomplish it according to our conscience. We need to present the output of
our work to the Board and to the community. What will be done then? it’s not
our responsibility.

A last word: I want to thank very much all those who made use of their time
and energy to contribute in the substance. Among them, a special thank to
Avri (even if I don’t share always her point of view) who had a very busy
time in the IGF, and yet put the necessary time to prepare the cover letter
and the excerpt.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231