ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updated 2.15.3 - for Tuesday 12 Oct 10 mtg. Re: [] Revision 2.15 -

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updated 2.15.3 - for Tuesday 12 Oct 10 mtg. Re: [] Revision 2.15 -
  • From: Elaine Pruis <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:58:00 -0700

Hi all,

I've had a good read through of the current document and have posted some minor edits below. I also want to add a few lines.

Understanding the disappointment with the Board not adopting most of our recommendations, I strongly feel we should in our report acknowledge and highlight to a greater extent the positive elements of resolution 2.2: outreach, and support clearinghouse of resolution 2.2 from Trondheim:

"Support to applicants will generally include outreach and education to encourage participation across all regions" "Staff will publish a list of organizations that request assistance and organizations that state an interest in assisting with additional program development, for example pro-bono consulting advice, pro-bono in-kind support, or financial assistance so that those needing assistance and those willing to provide assistance can identify each other and work together"

Perhaps something as simple as an acknowledgement sentence in section 3:
"The Working Group acknowledges and appreciates the Board's Trondheim resolution 2.2 assent of the working group's recommendations for coordinating providers and recipients, and increased awareness and outreach efforts to needy applicants. However we feel that with further work more support methods could be approved for implementation."

Finally, please add the posting of the blog in the time line on June 14, “Call for Input: Support for New gTLD Applicants” (http://blog.icann.org/2010/06/call-for-input-support-for-new-gtld-applicants/ ) ; and as an Addenda in the report.

----------------
EDITS:

Line 70 fix:
This Final Report incorporates the feedback received from the public ad other

LIne 114 fix: (should be recommendations)

In addition to recommendation that should be taken by ICANN to enable applicants

Line 472: (should be constraints)

to the time constrains, and the interest in getting GNSO Council, ALAC and Board’s

line 499 (should be fundraising, add a period after "agencies")
a) Begin the work of fund raising and establishing links to possible donor agencies.

line 502: (should be waived)
full origin and to determine what percentage of that fee could be waved for

line 567 (capitalize The)

applicants who meet the requirements of the program. the guideline allows for

Line 577
insert "be"
to be met. In those cases of community gTLDs where a community is either

Best Regards,

Elaine