ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Consensus survey

  • To: "'Evan Leibovitch'" <evan@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Andrew Mack'" <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Consensus survey
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:02:53 +0100

  - in Question 14, again this is one where we can simplify the language I
think.  I believe you are asking if there should be an exception to the rule
that recommends against support for entities that mostly/completely
government sponsored.  Is this what we are asking?  If so, can we re-frame
the question?

I agree that the wording does seem clumsy and I apologize. The gist from the
survey question is to determine that there may be some exceptions to the
government-funding restrictions. While there is certainly some room to
clarify the point, I recall divergence on whether there should be certain
exceptions to the restriction against applications with government funding.

But we can and should definitely revisit the final wording.

- Evan

No Evan, I didn't understand it in this way. I understood that you mean that
some applicants with some government support (not entirely government
support or not Government applications) should be eligible, and I voted for
this.

I don't remember that anyone proposed at any time the support for full
government supported applications.

Tijani