ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] rev 2.19-1 after listening to the phone call.

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] rev 2.19-1 after listening to the phone call.
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:18:21 -0400

On 10/21/10 3:05 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

Hi,

But we held a poll.

Where are the results? Not the summary, but results that show how each WG member is represented as having indicated a preference?

On 21 Oct 2010, at 21:28, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

On continuity:

I agree with Tijani on the WG's on-list and on-call record is that there was
more support for 6 months than for 12 or 36

on this one the wording on the poll could be seen as ambiguous.
And that is why I asked the question which no one has answered yet.

Tell does it really make that great a diference between 6 months and 12 months?

I understand that there was consensus for less than 36.  but is 6 versus 12 a
criticial issue?
if so, why?

months.

On eligibility:

I agree with Tijani on the WG's on-list and on-call record is that the
opposition to support for entrepreneurs from developing countries who meet the
need criterion was very limited.

On this one, I think the pool was quite clear and I interpret it as people who
had not spoken up before, spoke up in the poll.

That is part of running the poll.

a.