ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] 2.19-3

  • To: "'Andrew Mack'" <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] 2.19-3
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:12:10 +0100

Avri, Eric, Andrew and all,

I do share the concerns about the survey result. The WG can decide whether
to:

*       Consider the result of the survey for all questions without
exception.
*       Ignore it
*       Re-discuss the point where the survey result is in opposite
direction of the calls discussions
*       Organize a new survey with very clear and explicit questions for the
few points where there is conflict between the calls discussion and the
result of the previous survey.
*       Etc.

It is the WG decision. My preference is for the bullet point 4. But due to
time constraint, I’m ok with bullet point 3.

What I refuse strongly is to stick the survey result for some points and
discuss or ask new questions for others.

I think that for today call, the first point of the agenda should be “what
to do with the survey result?” I will be ok with any consensus on the way we
will treat it, but the decision must be taken inside the working group, and
must be for all the points of the survey.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Directeur exécutif

Fédération Méditerranéenne des Associations d'Internet

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231

  _____