ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG chat room - November 30

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG chat room - November 30
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 07:08:14 -0800

Karla Valente: Dear all welcome to the Nov 30 2010 JAS WG Meeting
Andrew Mack: Sorry all. for being late
Karla Valente: no problem. nice to have you
Elaine Pruis: c is the auction funds?
Elaine Pruis: ok
Eric Brunner-Williams: please share the outreach agenda to various fora at
cartagena
Eric Brunner-Williams: @karla, when is the media availability scheduled for the
report?
Karla Valente: @eric: could you please clarify? do you mean formal interviews?
Gisella Gruber-White: Evan has just joined the call
Elaine Pruis: not able to scroll but that 's ok
Eric Brunner-Williams: issue
Eric Brunner-Williams: i'm aware of the contention rules in the dag related to
applications for names which are ''geographic''
Eric Brunner-Williams: unfortunately, the dagv5 text assumes all names are
''geographic'' ...
Eric Brunner-Williams: presumably at some point some names are recognized in
the evaluation process as not being geographic, but it is a broad reach in the
dag at present
Eric Brunner-Williams: and i personally wish .africa wasn't argeted as
ineligible
Eric Brunner-Williams: targeted
Eric Brunner-Williams: is that alan???
Eric Brunner-Williams: ah, evan
Rafik: @Eric .africa has some issues at this stage
Eric Brunner-Williams: i share andrew's general point on the language issue
Eric Brunner-Williams: @rafik, the problem one greedy woman poses should not
eliminate an entire region
Eric Brunner-Williams: i think the from the floor, rather than from the dias,
is the right way to engage discussion
Andrew Mack: Avri, I share your main goal and I think we all do.
Eric Brunner-Williams: bye

Karla Valente
Product/Services Director
Direct:  + 1 310 301 3878