ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] proposal for JAS session - Thursday 9 - 10 AM EDT

  • To: soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] proposal for JAS session - Thursday 9 - 10 AM EDT
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:09:06 -0500

hi,

Here is my proposal for how the session is run.  Alternate proposal are of
course welcome and the group can decide.

I am proposing that his is not a panel discussion, but rather a report and
dialogue.  I believe need to do the following in the hour:

- raise awareness of what has been done
- raise awareness of what needs to be done
- give people a view into the continuing conversations on details
- open up to feedback and advice
- get support and more involvement

Agenda for the meeting - keeping it simple and using as little time as
necessary for meeting overhead:

- If it fits his schedule it would be good to get Sebastien as  member who s
not on the Board to give a quick intro on the importance of the work.

- Either Evan on I give the presentation with frequent opportunities for
conversation from the floor, including amplifications by JAS Wg members,
questions/comments form others.  Either Evan or I (i.e the other one) moderates
the floor discussion, keeps it moving and limits the time people speak.

- We end with the status of the charter renewal and with an appeal for people
to comment formally on the report and to get involved

a.