ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] updated presentation

  • To: SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] updated presentation
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:08:51 -0500

On 30 Nov 2010, at 10:06, Karla Valente wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> See updated  slides based on today’s discussion.

I would suggest for slide 4

---

Full Consensus of the Group
        •Geographic names
        •Purely Governmental or Para-statal applicants
        •Business models that fail to demonstrate sustainability

Consensus with Minority View
        •“.brand TLDs” if this category is defined by  applicant process

---

I know I changed the wording from the text a little but trying to get the
meaning across in bullet format. As it currently reads without the rest of the
sentence:

a)    : in the group that should a ''.brand TLD[1]'' category be defined by a
future applicant process, such ''.brand TLDs'' are excluded from support as
they should be self-supporting companies and thus not eligible for need based
support.

·      There was a Minority view that an exception could be made for those
applicants from countries where market constraints make normal business
operations more difficult and who are proposing a name in an IDN script not
currently supported.

[1] .brand Top-Level Domain or brand TLD is not defined in the Applicant
Guidebook. The market place has often referred to a .brand as a TLD that
represents a company name, major product or service.

the rest of this content would be summarized by the person giving the
presentation. and then could be amplified by someone in the house who wanted to
emphasize one aspect or another.

Comments?

> Avri, Evan:
> If you want to have the face to face meeting, please let me know a day time
> that works for all and I can arrange for a room to meet.

I think that if we can find a time Thursday after the main meeting that would
be good.

Proposed Agenda:

- Review information gain from various meting during the week
- Update on chartering

If the group is rechartered start work including:

- selection of co-chairs for next phase
 (whether Evan and/or I continue or not, it should not be automatic)
- Plan for doing the work and completing it in a timely manner