ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Isssue notes

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Isssue notes
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:03:15 -0500

Colleagues,

There are issues that either appear to be at the periphery of what we collectively think are "in scope" for this WG, or which have been brought to our attention as a result of changes in the DAG and surrounding circumstances.

I propose that those who want to contribute an "issue note" on any issue, whether simply to clarify the issues or to advocate for the issue being "in scope" or "not in scope", do so.

This will allow us a means to gather information on an issue, and dispose of it, without making each an agenda item, possibly prematurely.

As an example of an issue that is "close" to what we collectively think is "in scope" are the choices associated with the continuity instrument (escrow account in the current DAG).

As an example of an issue that is "novel" to us is if some part of the community evaluation reduces the viability of applications that are needs-qualified for assistance.

The alternative is minority statements external to any consensus report, which puts discussion after the point at which the report is framed and the personal time investment of wordsmithing is committed.

Eric