ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] On the v6 requirement

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] On the v6 requirement
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:19:14 -0500

On 23 Dec 2010, at 12:56, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight wrote:

> All LIRs that have v6 assignments have absolutely huge ones. I don't see why
> having ipv6 is a problem for anyone. If it is then they've got other more
> serious issues to deal with

Are you making a claim that in all development areas, IPv6 is available and
running and no one should have any trouble establishing full IPv6 connectivity
from anywhere in the world that someone wants to start a full service registry?

Or are you arguing that because there are enough IPv6 addresses whether their
ISP support V6 or not, that is good enough.

Or is this an argument that they just use RSPs in developed areas and quit
messing about trying to enter the game themselves.

a.