ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] On the v6 requirement

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] On the v6 requirement
  • From: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:52:07 +0000

Avri

If someone wants to run a registry properly they are going to have to provide a
redundant system for dns and a lot more besides. If they can't do this 100% in
their own country they will have to use services overseas (which is quite
normal anyway - most cctld registries use 3rd parties overseas to handle dns at
some level).
I don't see why this is being made into an "issue"
IPv4 is going to be exhausted very very soon. IPv6 unfortunately isn't
available to everyone everywhere regardless of region. (I can only think of a
handful of ISPs offering it to their users in Europe)

So I don't see the ipv6 "issue" as really being of special significance for
this group

Regards

Michele

Mr. Michele Neylon