ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: [Tdg-legal] Updated Agenda for 27 January Consultation

  • To: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: [Tdg-legal] Updated Agenda for 27 January Consultation
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:10:56 -0800

Hi Eric

Good questions.

For the third one (Fungibility Specificity) I assume the response will be that
cash is the best form of security.  If a registry's security was a contract
with a third party who promised
to keep running the TLD the risk would be that this third party also failed
(either prior to, or after,  the failure of the original registry).

That said,  let's see how staff respond.

RT

some back-end operator to continue running the TLD if you fail

someone