ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Work Team forming

• To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Work Team forming
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 20:35:27 -0800

Thanks, I'd be happy to lead DEF.

Rafik, please add to tomorrow's agenda, a discussion on how Work Teams are to communicate, i.e., on the main mailing list, or a separate mailing list?

Best Regards,

Elaine

On Jan 29, 2011, at 9:06 AM, Avri Doria wrote:

On 29 Jan 2011, at 09:52, Eric Brunner-Williams wrote:

Colleagues,

Not having the answer key to the "What do the first N letters of the (Latin Script) alphabet stand for?" quiz (the merged charters not yet sent to the list), I'm guessing from context that:

3/ WT D + E + F : Elaine, Avri, Tony (I would like to suggest Eric, Michele and Fabien for this WT)

Is registry component mechanism costing and alternatives. Sure.

d) Propose and establish methods for applicants to out assistance as well as for coordinating the assistance, and discussions on the extent of such coordination, to be given by Backend Registry Service Providers; e.g. brokering the relationships, reviewing the operational quality of the
relationship.

e) Propose and establish methods for coordinating any assistance volunteered by providers (including top-level domain consultants, translators, technicians, etc.) in the application for, and administration of, a new top-level domain; match services to qualified applicants; broker these relationships and
review the operational quality of the relationship.

f) Propose and establish methods for coordinating cooperation among qualified applicants, and
assistance volunteered by third parties.

BTW, given her earlier leadership on this, I suggest that Elaine be volunteered as leader, just as I was volunteered as leader of Group CG.

5/ WT I :  I would like to suggest Andrew to volunteer for this WT

Is specific attention to under-served languages and scripts, aka "IDN". I suspect Andrew wouldn't mind the company.

i) Propose and design mechanisms to encourage the build out of Internationalized Domain Names
(IDNs) in small or underserved languages.

2/ WT C + G : Leader Avri , Volunteer: Alex

Is shaking the money trees. If Avri and Alex don't mind.

And coming up with a proposed mechanism for handling any we do managed to shake out. And I certainly don't mind, the more people shaking the tree, the better. Welcome.

To start I think we should produce a cover letter and some collateral to send to prospective angels (the theatrical name for trees).

c) Propose and establish a framework, including a possible recommendation for a separate ICANN originated foundation, for managing any auction income, beyond costs for future rounds and ongoing
assistance;

g) In cooperation with ICANN Staff and donor experts propose and establish policies and practices for fundraising and for establishing links to possible donor agencies. This activity may include assisting in the establishment of initial relationships with any donor(s) who may be able to help in
first round with funding

(references taken from cut and paste of the document displayed during the meeting)

a.

Elaine Pruis
VP Client Services
elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+1 509 899 3161

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy