ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG - Jan 28 2011

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG - Jan 28 2011
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 05:21:04 -0800

Thanks,

Karla Valente
+1 310 936 4639

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karla Valente
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 8:04 AM
To: SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint
SO/AC WG - Jan 28 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 8:03 AM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Karla Valente:Dear all, welcome to the January 28 JAS WG call.
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Hi all
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Hello
  Cintra Sooknanan:Hello Finally here
  Gisella Gruber:Reminder: *6 to mute and *6 to unmute
  Cintra Sooknanan:Chair, I must apologise but I am being called away from the
computer so will miss the first few minutes of this meeting
  Alex Gakuru:thanks Gisella, i was about to ask about mute/unmute.
  avri:i thinkm a+ b is one work item
  avri:i tink c + g  is one efort
  Alex Gakuru:I volunteer to be on the Fund(ing)raising sub-group/team led by
Avri
  avri:i thin d + e is one work item
  avri:and i tink h   and i are stand alone efforts.
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:one WT is fund raising. What is the other?
  avri:and i should learn how to type the word  'think'
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:so, can you put clear waht will be the WTs?
  avri:(a,b)  (e,g)  (d,e) (h) (i)
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:and each one, treat about what?
  avri:(d,e,f)
  avri:so perhaps Tijani can lead the AB group
  Carlton Samuels:Yes
  avri:For DEF we need people who are knowledgeble about what Registries do and
what  sort of help might be needed/useful
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:cintra will u be in a+b
  avri:I think we can expect Andres to be into I
  avri:Andrew
  avri:And maybe we can aske Tony to take up H
  Dave Kissoondoyal:I will be in d, e and f
  avri:I think the point of the work teams (and they need to be bigger then 1
or 2 people)  is to have people focus on bits of the work, and to report back
to the main group[ on a weekly basis.  Also I think the work teams should do
the work transparently on the the regualr email list as much as possible,
though they may also decide to wuse the Wiki or other toools like google docs
etc..
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:thanks Rafik for the clarification
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Avri absolutely right
  Carlton Samuels:@Avri: endorsed
  avri:if the chairs put us on the aganda, we will report.  and i think of it
more than report but discuss.
  Gisella Gruber:Tony Harris has joined the call
  Alex Gakuru:Did you mean identifiers like [JAS-IDN], [JAS-FUND] etc.?
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:good idea alex
  avri:if people remember.  this mailing list SW does not have an automatic
threading capability
  Carlos Dionisio Aguirre:agree wit TiJANI
  Carlton Samuels:@Alex: Yes
  Alex Gakuru:Carton & Carlos, Avri just highlighted a shortcoming of  this
mailing software to achieve that :(
  Tijani BEN JEMAA:Carlton, can you please send the unionised charter by e-mail
  Alex Gakuru:Factor donors conditionalities..
  Alex Gakuru:Bye all
  Olivier Crépin-Leblond:Sorry - I need to go / next conf call starting now for
me. Thanks Rafik! Thanks all!
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Thanks and Bye
  Carlton Samuels:Thank you!
  Carlton Samuels:All of you!!