ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD Applicant Support

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD Applicant Support
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:46:42 -0800

Thanks,

Karla Valente
+1 310 936 4639

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 5:54 AM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Gisella Gruber-White:Welcome to the JAS WG on Friday 04 February 2011
  Gisella Gruber-White:Andrew Mack has joined the call
  Cintra Sooknanan:I'm also here now
  Gisella Gruber-White:Fabien Betremieux has joined the Adobe COnnect - not on
the phone bridge yet
  Gisella Gruber-White:Fabien Betremieux has joined the call
  Fabien:Thank you Gisella. Hi everyone.
  Andrew Mack:Avri, happy to put together notes from my preliminary meetings.
Will send it around to the list.
  Cintra Sooknanan:We should identify a list of standard documents to be sent
to donors for each stage from 1 Donorship Engagement letter to... [end] Thank
you letter
  Gisella Gruber-White:Evan Leibovitch has joined the call
  Gisella Gruber-White:He is not on Adobe Connect (yet)
  avri:just one
  Cintra Sooknanan:just one
  Cintra Sooknanan:all the groups are open
  avri:the teams can meet in the bar for a chat sometime.
  avri:maybe thrusday?
  Karla Valente:thursday morning? let's say 8am? too early for the bar ;-)
  Evan Leibovitch:"another charlie brown moment?"
  Rafik:@evan peanuts?
  Karla Valente:@Evan: I was going to ask the same....
  Evan Leibovitch:ALAC is well aware of the aituation (and at least at the
executive commitee *welcomes* the JAS to *just get on with its work*
  Alan:Important to note that the tone in the GNSO yesterday was far different
from the last time JAS was discussed.
  Evan Leibovitch:@Alan: go on...
  Evan Leibovitch:There's no disgrace in ending a meeting early
  avri:i listened and did not notice a change.  they see that the people moved
on from theiir attemtp to stop the group and decided they beter pay attention
so they can stop it later.
  Alan:No objection to dual charters (other than the hope that we will do
better in future joint WG), acceptance that report(s) will include things they
did not charter, explicit statement that they may comment of the recs they did
not charter (as opposed to ignoring them). All quite positive.
  avri:i did not perceive anyting postive
  Alan:Change was lack of negative.
  avri:there was negative.
  avri:there was no much they could do.
  avri:except lie in wait to stop our developments later.
  avri:the only reason they want it in the report they get is so that they can
object.