ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD Applicant Support - Feb 22

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD Applicant Support - Feb 22
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:16:46 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:32 AM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Sébastien:Sorry Has I can't split myself. I am in ALAC meeting ...
  Karla Valente:Dear all: welcome to the JAS WG - February 22 2011
  CLO:Only  in the AC room  I like other ALAC  Members have our ALAC  Monthly
call  on now
  CLO:I
  CLO:ll pop in and out from time to time
  Andrew Mack:I agree Rafik, we have made some progress which we should include
  Alan:I won't be on the call - ALAC meeting.
  Cintra
Sooknanan:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZrzxqYNUVoJTjJG_fY3kdgIP5UjCV12qolKBTHXyWGM/edit?hl=en#
  Cintra Sooknanan:it is desired but not Required
  Cintra Sooknanan:for an applicant to be established 3 years ago
  Elaine Pruis:i have to hop-no new work to report for WT DEF
  Cintra Sooknanan:Thank you Eric
  Karla Valente:Eric's e-mail was resent to the mailing list.
  Cintra Sooknanan:Eric's comments were included
  Cintra Sooknanan::)
  Cintra Sooknanan:I agree
  Cintra Sooknanan:Aid may stop if:• the applicant does not give information
when requested;• the applicant's financial and other circumstances change so
that they are no longer pass the means test;• the applicant withholds
information about financial and other circumstances; or• it is discovered that
the applicant does not pass the means test.The applicant's support can be
stopped in two ways:• ‘Discharged’, which means support will stop from the
point when applicants are notified. The applicant may have to repay some or all
of the funds already spent on the application.• ‘Revoked’ (cancelled), if it is
found the applicant was wrongly granted aid, for example by giving false
information about finances. In this case, the applicant may have to repay all
the funds spent on the application.
  Cintra Sooknanan:Partial payment and re-payment when the gTLD application is
grantedThe applicant that is granted aid may have to pay some of the costs,
depending on the financial situation and the application’s viability. This
ensures the fund is self sustaining and does not diminish quickly; there are
three ways the applicant may have to pay:• ‘capital contribution’--a lump sum;•
‘income contribution’-- monthly instalments from income until the case
finishes; and• ‘base charge’-- repaying full or percentage of base costs of the
application if the gTLD is profitable.The charge has three main objectives:1.
It allows public money to be ‘recycled’ so that it can be used to fund other
applicants in the future.  2. It helps to deter applicants from requesting aid
unnecessarily.3. It puts the successful applicant in the same position as a
normal applicant.
  Cintra Sooknanan:thank you all for your help
  Cintra Sooknanan:I have posted the google document to the list
  Cintra Sooknanan:if there are any issues please email me
  Cintra Sooknanan:bye