ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Fwd: [] Concerns over JAS Working Group and Violations of its Charter

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Fwd: [] Concerns over JAS Working Group and Violations of its Charter
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:46:24 -0400

On 13 April 2011 00:04, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> fyi,  a proposal for gagging of the JAS by the GNSO Council
>
> Forwarding this on since the email i sent seems to have piqued the GNSO
> Council concern.
>
> So now we have both the ALAC saying we should not rush to satisfy the
> Board's request, and the GNSO Council saying we are not allowed to satisfy
> the Board's request.

And there are others asking for the source of this request and getting no
answer.

This was not a request from Board Chair to Chartering Org Chairs, this was
an informal, ill-informed request that bypassed not only the chairs of the
chartering orgs but even the chairs of this WG.
So to me this "request" is barely above the level of confirmed rumour, and
as a result the WG *wasted* 90 minutes of its members' valuable time just
determining the legitimacy of the request.

My apologies.

Apology accepted.

- Evan