ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] - Proposed formula edit

  • To: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] - Proposed formula edit
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:43:52 -0400

Alain,

I'm glad to see your proposal here on the mailing list as I wasn't sure that I understood you during the call, as we were jumping back and forth from the language or script question to other eligibility subjects, and some subjects that were neither language nor other eligibility.

"... AND EITHER 3.4 (require IDN support) OR 3.5 (be from a lesser developed
country)."

Per today's call, where there was consensus to use "language" rather than "script", I suggest that the phrase "require IDN support" be replaced by the phrase "support an under-served language".

Eric