ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updated wiki entry for Registry Service Provider Program draft

  • To: SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updated wiki entry for Registry Service Provider Program draft
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 23:42:24 +0200

Hi,

I think this is a great idea.

But to go further on it, wasn't the suggestion to actually establish one of
more non-profit RSPs in those geographic regions were there are no incumbent
RSPs?

That way, those who had the wherewithal to use the RSP platform to set up an
RSP could do so, and those who could not or who did not have sufficient
infrastructure, would be able to use the non-profit regional RSP.

Or did i misread it and not notice that this is part of what you are proposing.

Also, should a form of this be prepared/put in the Candidate Text area so that
it is available for merging into the document if the group concurs.

a.