ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: applicant purpose (was: Comments On Draft text)

  • To: michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: applicant purpose (was: Comments On Draft text)
  • From: ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 11:33:48 -0400

> Sorry for the top post - in a rush

Not a problem.

> If the party providing the services and its funding is NOT ICANN then I
> don't have any issue with someone doing it

Understood. Though there is the nuance of a third party providing resources
because of some act by ICANN, but lets stick to the un-nuanced case for the
present.

> If it is ICANN then why can't they do it for my pet TLD ?

Does your pet TLD meet the criteria for support recommended by the JAS WG
and implemented by staff or who ever else is stuck with the implementation
details?

If not, then that answers the "why" question.

> Why does it have to be only for XYZ .. ?

I think some reference to Recommendation 20 is needed, either for it,
as in, assistance responsive is a good thing, or against it, as in,
only some assistance responsive is a good thing. You appear to be in
the "only some" camp, so I'm hoping to find out what "only some" is
for discussion purposes.

Eric