ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Review of draft report

• To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, JAS <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Review of draft report
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 14:21:53 -0400

Due to the complexity of commenting, I will use e-mail for this one issue where there is very substantive disagreement with what Avri and I have said, specifically how to fund the fee reduction.

The main point I was making is that the fee reduction be funded from auction proceeds, but that failing the materialization of that, the reduction can still be funded without impacting the operational cost-recovery of the new gTLD program by deferring the return to reserve of the pre-program development costs. I feel that this last part is important, because the Board is likely to be risk-adverse and may not want to spend money on the assumption (but not guarantee) that there would be auction proceeds.

I believe that my presentation is a bit simpler, and is likely to result in less confusion over exactly what is being proposed.

All of that being said, I can live with Avri's proposal, but think that it is likely to be rejected due to confusion, which is not a good thing.

Alan

Regarding Avri's definition of short-term, I don't really think short term cash flow is a problem, since ICANN will be receiving the full fee in advance for all non-supported application. They will be very cash-rich.

Alan

At 21/08/2011 01:41 PM, Avri Doria wrote:
Hi,

That is weird.  I see the same thing you do on reopening it.
Now sure how or why this happened. I just added words inside your comments. though i did add highlight to my comments to make sure they stood out from yours (since they were under your comment heading)

in any case i brought it into OpenOffice Used Word for MAC to comment) and could read them fine. But it dropped the highlight - that is why I think it may be the culprit that tickled the word bug)

Here is an odt and pdf version.

a.

On 21 Aug 2011, at 12:54, Alan Greenberg wrote:

>
> Avri, for some reason, in the Word document, the comments have all been reduced to some infinitesimal font that I cannot read - it still says they are 10 pt, but are not. If you don't know what did this, perhaps you can convert to a PDF so I can read it?
>
> Alan
>
> At 21/08/2011 11:26 AM, Avri Doria wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have added comments to all of your comments. I have attached a version with my comments added to yours.
>>
>> Also, I had done my own review - although I did it by adding sticky notes on the PDF version of the file. I did not move those comments over to your review. I have attached that as well.
>>
>> a.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 20 Aug 2011, at 20:11, Alan Greenberg wrote:
>>
>> > I have reviewed the most recent copy of the report prepared by Rob and Seth, and a copy with my comments are attached.
>> >
>> > There are a number of comments which are substantive and it would be very useful to know to what extent others agree or disagree with them.
>> >
>> > Regards, Alan<Draft_Final_Report_JASWG_20110818_Reordered, clean-ag.doc>
>
>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy