ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Last words

  • To: <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Last words
  • From: <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:25:33 +0100

Dear all,

I couldn't digest this "strong minority support" phrase. It contains 2
opposite meanings: "minority"  and "strong". If it's a minority support,
that means it's a support from a few members. But if it's strong support, it
means it's a support from several members. It will be confusing the readers
of our report, and I think that we have the duty to make our report the most
clear.

I do think that the right phrase would be "some support".

Sorry to come back to this, but it's a matter of clarity.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231