ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WEBINAR - Joint Applicant Support Working Group (JAS WG)

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] WEBINAR - Joint Applicant Support Working Group (JAS WG)
  • From: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 21:50:06 -0400

Dear Stéphane,

On 13/09/2011 10:53, Stéphane Van Gelder wrote :
> Just pointing this out because I think we should make sure that
> comments such as these are not interpreted as criticism of Staff and
> the way the ICANN Community in general has considered the topic of
> applicant support, because I know that's not how they were meant.

Interpretation of my words, deploring the lack of interpretation, is not
at all the interpretation I was looking for.

I have made my remark as a friendly nudge. Today's Tuesday 13 September
2011. The Webinar's Monday 19 September 2011. 6 days & 6 nights to
explore the possibility of having interpretation on the call, that is, a
French Channel & a Spanish Channel. At ALAC, this kind of this is
business as usual, so my I suggest that Seth/Heidi speak to Glen & also
Christina & see what can be done?
Christina's already pulling all the stops for ICANN to *translate* the
document and this is very exciting for all of us. I am not suggesting a
Spanish language webinar, neither a French language webinar: I am just
suggesting simultaneous interpretation. Costs, compared to the new gTLD
program are negligible.
Kindest regards,

Olivier

--