ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Additional comments on PPT presentation for Webinar

  • To: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Additional comments on PPT presentation for Webinar
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:32:17 -0400

1. Slide 10, second bullet: Replace with "A governmental or para-statal institution (BUT discussion with GAC continuing)"

2. Add a new bullet after the first bullet on slide 12: "The fee reduction is to be separate from the financial support based on the Board allocated $2m+;"

3. I suggest adding a new slide after the current slide 12.

Title: Fee reduction and Cost Recovery

Bullets:
- GNSO Implementation Guideline B: "Application fees will be designed to ensure that adequate resources exist to cover the total cost to administer the new gTLD process. Application fees may differ for applicants."

- Report suggests a number of ways that fee reduction can be funded without the $2m+ and without impacting operational cost-recovery

- Depending on exact number of total new gTLD Applicants and support recipients, return to reserve of sunk costs may be reduced.

4. Current slide 18, second bullet: delete "is not a generic word and " as was done with the same phrase on an earlier slide.

LASTLY: On who does what, I suggest that I do slides 1-13 (current 1-12 plus the new 13 suggested above) and Avri does 14-24. Excluding the title, agenda and further reading, that gives us roughly the same amount of work, and will allow me to leave the 2nd session earlier bit earlier if needed.

Do we plan to allow any questions during the presentation? I typically like that, for simple clarifications but not long discussions, but I can go either way.

Alan