ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Fwd: [liaison6c] ICANN Seeks Volunteers

  • To: "'Evan Leibovitch'" <evan@xxxxxxxxx>, "'amack'" <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Fwd: [liaison6c] ICANN Seeks Volunteers
  • From: <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:52:51 +0100

I want here to recall that in the JAS WG, we fought to include community
volunteers in the evaluation panel. We ended with a recommendation for a SARP
composed of Community members and external experts.

While discussing the ASP in the implementation group, I raised the point of
having some external experts in the SARP, and the answer I got was that inside
the community, we may find experts, and that it’s not closed, means we may call
for some experts if needed.

Yes, I’m in favor of a hybrid composition, but It’s much better for me to have
the community members alone than external experts alone. The best is both
together.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231