ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] RE: Special Meeting of the JAS WG - 20 April SAVE THE DATE

  • To: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] RE: Special Meeting of the JAS WG - 20 April SAVE THE DATE
  • From: Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:20:39 -0400

Hi Karla,

I have one comment on the Draft CMR document. At 1. the document states the
CMR defines the characteristics for SARP selection, and then in 3. and on
the last line of page 1 it is stated that CMR is a non voting member of
SARP. The way the document is worded makes it seem that the CMR is
designing selection processes for itself, and self-selecting for the SARP.
I propose that a change be made to 1. to state as follows:
*
*
*1. SARP voting member selection:  During the design of the SARP selection
process, CMR will *
*provide input.  Upon receipt of the statistical information of the pool of
potential SARP *
*members such as geography, experience level, and background, CMR will
provide *
*feedback as to the makeup of the voting members of the SARP.  At this
phase of the program, the identities of the *
*SARP candidates are not revealed to CMR.  CMR has input on the selection
process *
*design only, not the actual selection.*

I am assuming that in 2. SARP Training will be provided for both voting and
non-voting members.

Also I recall on the chat of today's call there was a misspell of Alain's
name (Elaine was captured) on the proposed CMR members list.

Regards

Cintra