ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Registration Touch Points

  • To: Jay Daley <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Registration Touch Points
  • From: Steve Crocker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:03:52 -0500

A term used in discussions about designing a product. Who touches (comes into contact with) the product and what do they expect or what when they do touch it. In the current context, I think the intended meaning is to think about various users -- registrants, registrars, law enforcement, intellectual property attorneys, etc. -- and for each of these ask the question what information they will be looking for and what will they use it for.

Steve