ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

[ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD-WG Meeting Notes and Actions 25 October

  • To: Ird <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD-WG Meeting Notes and Actions 25 October
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:51:42 -0700

Dear IRD-WG members,

Attached are the notes from the 25 October meeting and action items below.
These also are posted to our wiki page at:
https://st.icann.org/int-reg-data-wg/index.cgi?internationalized_registration_data_working_group.
  I also have attached the Draft Interim Report on which we will need your
comments by COB tomorrow, 27 October.

Our next meeting is scheduled for next Monday, 01 November at 1500 UTC/1100
EDT/0800 PDT.  The teleconference details will be sent via separate email later
this week.

Actions:

 1.  WG members will provide edits to the Draft Interim Report by COB
Wednesday, 27 October.
 2.  Staff will incorporate the changes including a new section with a
statement that the next iteration of the DAG should not include a
recommendation in the RAA for the WHOIS protocol and should provide examples of
the inadequacies of the protocol.  This also could form the basis for a comment
to be provided in the upcoming Public Forum on the DAGv5.

In addition, here are the links that were requested for SAC027 and SAC033
(relating to WHOIS):

[SAC027]: SSAC Comment to GNSO regarding WHOIS studies (7 February 2008):
http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/sac027.pdf
[SAC033]:  Domain Name Registration Records and Directory Services  (22 July
2008): http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/sac033.pdf

Best regards,

Julie