ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] REMINDER FOR REVIEW: Draft Presentation for Cartagena

  • To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] REMINDER FOR REVIEW: Draft Presentation for Cartagena
  • From: "James M. Galvin" <jgalvin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:17:00 -0500

One more important thing we need to include is to clearly change the vernacular. On slide 3, Introduction, the phrase "in WHOIS services" is highlighted in red. I assume that's because during the presentation you are going to introduce the phrase "directory service". Further, you'll explain that WHOIS is used to refer to both a protocol and a data model.

With that, we need to be absolutely clear throughout the presentation to use the phrases "directory service" and "registration data", expressly not using the phrase WHOIS.

There is one use of directory services and the rest say WHOIS.

Jim