ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] REMINDER FOR REVIEW: Draft Presentation for Cartagena

• To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] REMINDER FOR REVIEW: Draft Presentation for Cartagena
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:17:00 -0500

One more important thing we need to include is to clearly change the vernacular. On slide 3, Introduction, the phrase "in WHOIS services" is highlighted in red. I assume that's because during the presentation you are going to introduce the phrase "directory service". Further, you'll explain that WHOIS is used to refer to both a protocol and a data model.

With that, we need to be absolutely clear throughout the presentation to use the phrases "directory service" and "registration data", expressly not using the phrase WHOIS.

There is one use of directory services and the rest say WHOIS.

Jim

On Nov 17, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Julie Hedlund wrote:

Dear IRD-WG members,

Here is the draft presentation for Cartagena for your review, which includes the changes I received from Owen. Please respond with any changes by COB this Thursday, 18 November so that I can prepare a revised draft for review prior to the discussion on our call on Monday, 22 November at 1600 UTC (0800 PST/1100 EST). Please feel free to enter changes directly into the document and I will reconcile them with other comments received into one draft.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Best regards,

Julie

<Internationalized Registration Data Interim Report Presentation Draft 15 Nov 2010.ppt>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy