ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD-WG/Related Meetings in Cartagena and Next Meeting

  • To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD-WG/Related Meetings in Cartagena and Next Meeting
  • From: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 05:18:13 +0900

Hi Julie,

thanks for the update, is there any link to mp3 recording or transcripts?
just responses to some questions

>    1. Have the WG considered adding a language tag to the contact data?
>
> you mean indicating which language?

>    1. Where does the original and transliterated/translated data reside?
>    Registrars, registries?
>    2. How would IRD affect searchable Whois?
>    3. Are there multiple transliteration standards for a single language,
>    if so, would this result in inconsistent transliterations?
>
>  I think that depends to each language. for language transliteration in
Japanese, it sounds that there is some (romaji)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Japanese but I think that there
is predominant one  (like one used for typing using in mobile or pc)
for Arab, there are many http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Arabic

Rafik