ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-retreat-2009]

suggestions for 2009 ssac retreat discussion topics

  • To: ssac-retreat-2009@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: suggestions for 2009 ssac retreat discussion topics
  • From: k claffy <kc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:53:18 -0700

(1)  we should probably discuss comments on the icann transition,
        http://www.ntia.doc.gov/comments/2009/dnstransition/index.html
tho it's ostensibly OBE by then, but perhaps we should discuss
whatever happens at the expiration date (do we know already?),
and what SSAC's role could have been or was during that process?
(i would have liked DOC to present the comments in a more useful
and searchable form as well as taxonomize them, and also have a
conversation with SSAC about all the security and stability issues
raised in the comments. but i didn't send in a comment myself..)

(2) newgTLDs:

can we get e-copies in advance of the retreat of any reports ICANN
has sponsored or requested on the newgTLDs-transition
(i'm aware of one from OARC, and one from Lyman's consulting group,
and i saw some at http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#compri
so i reckon there's a lot about this topic i haven't read yet.)
and 'peer review' them at the retreat?

more next week,