ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-cat]

[stld-rfp-cat] .cat

  • To: <stld-rfp-cat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [stld-rfp-cat] .cat
  • From: "Miquel" <miquel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:44:21 +0200
  • Sender: owner-stld-rfp-cat@xxxxxxxxx

I think that a .cat domain is a good chance for catalan people to have their own domain names without having to register a .es domain.

I’m not against Spain. I think that Catalonia is a region of Spain, so we could have an .es domain and use it... but I think that the .es TLD is not useful.

If I think I’m spanish, I have to pay more in order to have a .es domain than if I wanted a .com domain. But a .com domain doesn’t tell my country.

Assuming that Internet has no frontiers, I won’t discuss if it is pollitically correct or not. I think that there are lots of webmasters who would use it as a very good alternative, and I think that I can call Catalan to anyone who is born in Catalonia or lives there. Why do someone said that we aren’t a community? If we wouldn’t, by now we could be Spanish people speaking Spanish language, but it is not the reality.

Sorry for my english.