ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Whois database; we support the adoption of Motion 2

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Whois database; we support the adoption of Motion 2
  • From: "Conrad, Loral" <loral.conrad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:43:03 -0500

Whois is an important resource for both consumers and businesses.  The
open access it provides to domain name ownership information is
essential to enabling businesses to protect their intellectual property
rights and prevent Internet fraud and other schemes that confuse and
deceive the public in the Internet marketplace.

The GNSO Council should adopt Motion 2, and reject Motions 1 and 3.

Loree Conrad

Vice President, Assistant General Counsel

and Assistant Secretary of Centex Corporation
loral.conrad@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:loral.conrad@xxxxxxxxxx>