ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Need for Whois Database

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Need for Whois Database
  • From: "Ketterer, Edward" <ekettere@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:16:51 -0400

Sir or Madame,

The Whois database is an important resource for Steelcase Inc. We use it
regularly to identify the owner of domain names that improperly
incorporate our trademarks. On many occasions, we have been able to
amicably resolve problems by working directly with the owner. We urge
you to adopt Motion 2 at this time, and take no steps to limit the
public's access to information concerning the ownership of domain names.
That would inevitably lead to much more of a "wild west" situation than
we already have with regard to improper domain name registrations.

Sincerely,

Edward Ketterer, Assistant General Counsel

Edward A. Ketterer | Steelcase Inc.| T: 616.698.4018 | C: 616.292.4818 |
F: 616.698.4661

JPEG image