ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

WHOIS and the ICANN proposed 3 motions

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WHOIS and the ICANN proposed 3 motions
  • From: "Kathryn A. Tyler" <KTyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:25:56 -0700

Re:  Request that you vote Yes on Motion 2 and Reject Motions 1 & 3

Dear ICANN:

I am a member of INTA and have also been a practicing trademark and
business attorney for 10 years.  All of my clients own trademark
registrations and have built common law rights and goodwill in those
marks.  At various times, we have had to enforce their trademark rights
over domain name registrants who were infringing my clients' trademarks.
One of the crucial steps in asserting those trademark rights is to
search the WHOIS database and determine the contact information, date of
creation, and other important information.

For these reasons, my fellow colleagues and I believe that is important
for ICANN to consider the rights of trademark owners when evaluating the
WHOIS database situation.  The only way to adequately allow trademark
owners the tools to monitor, investigate and enforce the use or misuse
of their trademarks on the Internet, is to keep the WHOIS database
available and open to the public.

Please vote to accept Motion 2 and reject Motions 1 and 3.

Thank you for considering this request.

Very truly yours,

/Kathryn A. Tyler/

 Kathryn A. Tyler
 Attorney at Law

Tyre Kamins Katz & Granof
A Law Corporation
1880 Century Park East, Ste. 300
Los Angeles, CA  90067-1666
Tel:  310.553.6822
Fax: 310.552.9024
KTyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:KTyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
www.TyreKamins.com <http://www.tyrekamins.com/>

________________________________

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This
message may be an attorney-client communication and/or work product and
as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and
delete the original message.

Windows bitmap