ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

October 31, 2007, ICANN's policy advisory meeting

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: October 31, 2007, ICANN's policy advisory meeting
  • From: "Sara Kauffman" <trademarks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:12:36 -0400

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing this email on behalf of the United States Polo Association.
Founded over 125 years ago, the USPA's membership today exceeds 3,500 with over
250 clubs and schools. Over 25 years ago, the Association established USPA
Properties, Inc. as a wholly-owned subsidiary involved in licensing the
Association's famous trademarks throughout the world. USPA Properties has over
50 licensees worldwide that market a wide variety of USPA branded products,
including sportswear, apparel, footwear, and accessories.

With the upcoming vote on changes to the WHOIS system, we felt it was important
to voice our opinion.  The WHOIS system is an important tool for both consumers
and businesses.  USPA uses this system to protect our intellectual property
rights worldwide.  Quite frequently, we are made aware of domain names that are
registered to fraudulently mislead consumers about our brand.  Reviewing the
WHOIS registrant info is always our first step in any legal action of this
nature.

Therefore, we respectfully request that the GNSO Council adopt Motion 2 and
reject Motions 1 and 3 on October 31, 2007.

Thank you for your attention to our request.  Should you have any questions or
need additional information, please contact the undersigned.

Best Regards,

Sara Kauffman

Director of Trademarks

USPA Properties, Inc.

771 Corporate Drive, Suite 430

Lexington, Kentucky 40503

(859) 219-2113 Phone

(859) 219-2116 Fax

trademarks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:trademarks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this
message is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.
§2510-2521, may be protected by attorney-client privilege and the work product
doctrine, and is not intended to be released to a third party person or entity.
If you receive this e-mail by error, please delete it and notify the sender by
return e-mail.