ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Whois proposals

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Whois proposals
  • From: "Mangan, Casey" <Casey.Mangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:49:25 -0500

Dear ICANN:
I am in-house trademark counsel for Allstate Insurance Company.
Allstate uses Whois to identify information about various domain name
registrants.   This information is very important to us in policing our
brand on the internet and objecting to improper uses through cease and
desist letters.  We believe Whois is important for consumers and
business - and is necessary to assist businesses in protecting their
consumers online.  For these reasons, the GNSO Council should adopt
Motion 2 and reject Motions 1 and 3.

Thank you for your consideration.

Casey Mangan
Counsel