ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Do NOT eliminate WHOIS

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Do NOT eliminate WHOIS
  • From: "Carl R. Stevenson" <wk3c@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:45:41 -0400

Please do NOT eliminate or restrict access to the WHOIS databases.

They are an invaluable tool in helping to locate sources of spam, malware,
etc.

I have a number of domains registered (about 10) and manage websites for my
company and a number of non-profit organizations and I am happy to have the
minimal contact information required available through access to the WHOIS
databases.

Again, please do NOT throw the baby out with the bath water ... WHOIS is an
important function to the health of the Internet.

Sincerely,

Carl R. Stevenson

President and Chief Technology Officer

WK3C  Wireless LLC

Where wireless is a passion, as well as a profession SM

Wireless Standards, Regulatory & Design Consulting Services

4991 Shimerville Road

Emmaus, PA 18049-4955 USA

cellular: +1 610 841 6180

fax:        +1 484 214 0204