ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2008]

Stop the studies, already!

  • To: whois-comments-2008@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Stop the studies, already!
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:03:22 -0500

We've spent far too much money studying WHOIS when the problem is one of political stalemate, not lack of information. Until there's a way around the blockage, further studies are useless and subject to the same spin. I recommend a complete cessation of GNSO work on WHOIS.

Please stop wasting domain registrants' money.

Thanks,
--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visiting Professor, Northeastern University School of Law