ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-services-comments]

ICAAN/ Whois Task Force Preliminary Report

  • To: <whois-services-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICAAN/ Whois Task Force Preliminary Report
  • From: "Robin Nott" <robin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:12:35 -0000

Dear Sirs,

I write as Chairman of the Laws Committee of LES (Britain and Ireland)
("LES (B&I)") to express the views and concerns of LES (B&I) on the
Preliminary Whois Task Force Report published on 24th November 2006.

The contents of the Preliminary Report are of very considerable
significance to LES B&I and its members and we are seriously concerned
by the reduction of publicly available "Whois" information that appears
to under contemplation by the Task Force.

Our detailed comments are attached.

Yours faithfully

R. M. C. Nott.

R. M. C. Nott,

Chairman,

LES Laws Committee,

c/o 3, St. Peter's Square,

London.

W6 9AB.

'phone: +44 (0) 20 8748 6399

e-mail: robin@xxxxxxxxxxx

THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE LEGALLY
PRIVILEGED.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you receive this transmission in error please notify the sender
immediately and then delete this e-mail.  E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be
contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is required please
request a hard copy version.