ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

comment

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: comment
  • From: "abba.info" <abba.info@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 10:37:17 -0700

I am writing to let you know that I am in support of the idea of websites
registering with and .xxx domain

I think this can only serve to protect families and children, and many
marriages in our society today.  I feel it is not enough to have the
registry voluntary, but it is certainly a step in the right direction.
Being voluntary no one should be opposed to it.  Even if it is never
mandated by law, and even if laws never step in to regulate such sites I
think that them having their own category of domains would be much simpler
to the average citizen who is trying hard to protect their children, their
homes from such sites.  There could be filters for all such sites for
example for the average citizen so they could KNOW they were blocking all
unwanted sites at one time.  The way it is done now with anyone have any
.com or .net site makes it almost impossible to have any filter get them
all.  Also I don't think anyone should be opposed to it being voluntary
-(even required) to register because it isn't saying that one as an adult
couldn't access if they wanted.it just makes the tracking of them easier,
which is a GREAT goal.

Thank you

Angela Harris