ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Please vote YES on .xxx

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please vote YES on .xxx
  • From: "Dayton Flanders" <dayton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:40:27 +0800

Dear sirs and madams,

Call me naive, but I just don't understand the opposition to .xxx, I only see a
possible win.

1. .KIDS TLD

        This may or may not be a good idea, I have no opinion.  But not
creating .xxx and creating .kids doesn?t do anything to identify adult content.
 .Kids will NOT keep children from finding and viewing pornography.

2. .XXX will limit freedom of speech, how? By letting people know what they can
expect to see when they click on an .xxx link. Come on, if no one could find
porn, there would be no money in it for the people who produce porn.

I guess they fear the Government will track them down by their TLD? What, I
don't understand.  If a consumer can find them today, to PAY them money, why
would the Government be unable to find them.  Labeling Alcohol and tobacco
products haven't appeared to hurt their sales.

Most porn providers are well known today.  It doesn?t appear that ISP's are
taking huge steps to block them currently. Why would that change in the future?
 ISP's are dependant on their customers being able to surf openly.  It's not in
their best interest to wholesale block porn, or any other material.  They would
rather provide bandwidth and allow the consumer to choose for them selves.

3. .XXX will create more porn or make is more accessible.

I don't want to make anyone mad here, but this group is truly naïve.  I have no
proof, but I would guess that porn is one of the most plentiful Elements on
Earth. Try this: Pull up Google, MSN, Yahoo, or any of the popular search
engines, that children have access too.  Type in your favorite juicy word.
What do you find? I would guess, plenty of porn.  SO how is .xxx going to make
that easier?

What I see .xxx doing is allowing users to see a link, know that its porn, and
then being able to make a decision to proceed, or not.  Then they come to MY
site and spend their money.

I want .XXX today.

Dayton Flanders
Kwik Flikz