ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

more filth?

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: more filth?
  • From: "Jacqueline Giannotti-Lovorn KSA" <jackielovorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 20:30:32 -0600

Please, stop the filth that bombards our children.  They are already so immune
to vilence on T.V. Recent research shows that children watch 7 images of
vilonce in less than a minute, multiply that by 7 hours the average child
watches TV in ONE day? approximately 300 violent scenes per day, and that is a
conservative number! These scenes include murder, rapes, kinappings and all the
gun slinging that was never seen in a whole month of Bonanza. Families use the
computer as an imformative mean and also as entertainment.  I have a filter in
our home computer and hope that my young children never see pornographic
material that can rob them of their innocence.  We already have a very cold and
sarchastic world around us.  Why not spend the money in producing works that
can enrich the mind instead of perverting it?  With money there is also a
responsibility to serve our society well.  I don't want a company that
disguises itself in sheep's clothing and then goes to our schools and tells the
children about porno when they don't know about it.  You are inculcating a
lifestyle of shame and misery and telling them; hey! you are not really
supposed to see this shows because they are bad for you.  Is like the adult who
tells the kid don't repeat the obscenity I've just said.  Research shows the
child will do it simply because that is the nature of the beast.  They emulate.
 Perhaps it is time for you to step up in this society and change the course of
a generation.  Instead of creating men and women that secretely masturbate in
front of a computer while their spouses are asleep, you can be an innovator and
create a generation that looks up to others who are monogamous in all the sense
of the word and that look forward to being in bed with their spouses rather
than with an industry of filth.