ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Opposed to .xxx

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed to .xxx
  • From: "Jace" <jace@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 21:01:50 -0500

I am an internet professional, and I strongly oppose the .xxx TLD. With a
top level TLD such as this, it would need the support of the professionals
that the TLD was intended for (i.e. .travel), and .xxx does not have that
support.

We as adult webmasters do everthing in our power to exclude minors from
viewing our sites, I personally have 3 different codes on my pages from 3
different parental blocking software companies. If parents were so concerned
about blocking children from viewing porn they would work harder on the
parental level to ensure their children didn't access anything obscene.

A better step forward would be to implement a .kids domain, which would in
turn create a safe internet environment for our children.