ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

xxx- an honest prospective

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: xxx- an honest prospective
  • From: "home loans" <loans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:20:28 -0800

It would be nice to peel back all of the layers of ulterior motives and
really discuss this issue at its core.

You have a group that opposes the new tld. Why? Lets investigate.

Religious Right- they were able to stop the tld before with a measly 600
letters. That may or may  not have been sent from different people. I have
nothing against any group, but this is absolutely ridiculous. George Bush,
our current president became an Evangelical convert in or near an election
year. Jerry Falwell preaches one thing and is caught doing another. Jim and
Tammy Baker- need I go on? I am glad that the religious right tries to live
a life seen by themselves as more positive and more fulfilling, but they do
not speak for the world. Only their group(s).

Xxx webmasters- why would xxx webmasters be against the xxx tld?
COMPETITION. COMPETITION. COMPETITION. They see their profits being shared.
A good analogy is when homebuyers were able to get into an exclusive area of
town and they were able to build a community. Then when another parcel
became available for development, they vehemently opposed it because they
already had their piece of the rock.  They did not want other people having
the same opportunity.

It will bring more "bad things"- Anything that the .xxx tld could possibly
bring is ALREADY available on the web. Period.

Let's look at the positive.

It will create commerce.

It will create money making opportunities.

It will create jobs.

It is a natural progression in the evolution of the internet.

It will also be an organizational tool.

It will be an easy way for businesses to block the entire domain.

Parents will be able to block the domain.

XXX is not only a good idea. It is a great idea whose time has come.

Law enforcement could monitor the tld easier for illegal or immoral content.

Please do the right thing and allow the internet to be free and not censored
by a few with ulterior motives.

Regards,

Christopher Byron